Sunday 22 March 2015

DENIM-ED LOVER



I keep wondering what my wardrobe would be without denim? Actually I don’t want to imagine my wardrobe without denim. *Chants bad dreams bad dreams go away*
What I do spend time thinking about though is how and when will I rock this denim jumpsuit that has been passed down to me by my aunt. She’s had it for years and there’s no doubt that I, too, will have it in my possession for years to come before I pass it down to my daughter. I love that denim stays relevant amongst the fickle fashion trends that are here today and gone tomorrow. Which is the obvious reason why I think one could never claim to be a ardent appreciator of clothes and then disregard denim. What it can do for an outfit, whether it’s with a plain white shirt, black plain tank top or on it’s own from head to toe, you’re basically done if you’re denimed (sorry! couldn’t help it!). And if you think there’s no place for denim in winter, think again…it’s just a matter of time till I prove you wrong.

This post was also inspired by the recent G STAR RAW tight or wide campaign. I personally prefer it tight, pretty much somewhere between tailor-made and fits-to-flatter. 

Chaa-w for now. :)

2 comments:

  1. So i remember being elbow deep in your closet and spotting this baddy and thinking to myself "yintoni ngoku lento sis'Hlomyza" :-/
    NOW!!! I'm like, "how on earth am i going to sneak it out without you noticing" :-D
    Just goes to show that you have a way with these things (uyafaneleka) and in all honesty it has nothing to do with the clothes, it's YOU honaay.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only you could make looking through my closet without me knowing cute and flipping hilarious! thank you my Lilz! I am just doing me and as cliche as it sounds, that is the honest truth!

    ReplyDelete